Open Access News
- bioArxiv announced a new collaboration with the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI)
- Open Research Textbook is out now!
- Overview of costs incurred by Dutch universities for scientific books and journals
- Looking for preprints? OSF preprints can help.
- Open access papers produce a 50% higher research impact than strictly paywalled papers. See more Archambault et al (2016).
- List of academic journals by preprint policy
- Research funder can also publish. Just like Wellcome Trust does.
- EU annouces: All scientific articles should be freely accessible by 2020.
- Self-archiving? Libre OA? Creative Commons? Confused with the open research terminology? Check the Open Research Glossary
- Tennant JP, Waldner F, Jacques DC et al. The academic, economic and societal impacts of Open Access: an evidence-based review [version 3; referees: 3 approved, 2 approved with reservations]. F1000Research 2016, 5:632 (doi: 10.12688/f1000research.8460.3)
- Heller, M. & Gaede, F., (2016). Measuring Altruistic Impact: A Model for Understanding the Social Justice of Open Access. Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication. 4, p.eP2132. DOI: http://doi.org/10.7710/2162-3309.2132Kocher, M. & Kelly, J. (2016), Use of the Paid Open Access Option in Hybrid Open Access Journals in Agriculture: A Mixed-Methods Study. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, fall 2016. DOI:10.5062/F47P8WDB.
- Naylon, C., Pattinson, D., Bilder, G. & Lin, J. On the origin of nonequivalent states: how we can talk about preprints (2016) bioRxiv preprint first posted online Dec. 9, 2016; doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/092817
New open articles in JYX
- Broadband microwave emission spectrum associated with kinetic instabilities in minimum-B ECR plasmas Apr 27, 2017
- Performance study of the fast timing Cherenkov detector based on a microchannel plate PMT Apr 27, 2017
- Crystal structure of trans-dichloridobis[N-(5,5-dimethyl-4,5-dihydro-3H-pyrrol-2-yl-κN)acetamide]palladium(II) dihydrate Apr 27, 2017
SAGE and Taylor & Francis Open Access
The researchers of the University of Jyväskylä are entitled to publish their articles as open access in SAGE and Taylor and Francis hybrid journals with a discounted APC rate from the beginning of 2017. See the instructions.
Open access policies of financers
Many research financers require or recommend open publishing of research results and research data. More information on the guidelines of financers in Finland.
Open Access journals published by Jyväskylä University
Open access publishing at the University of Jyväskylä
The University of Jyväskylä promotes open access to research. Self-archiving (i.e. parallel publishing) of research publications is a regular procedure at the University. Read more.
Tools and Open Access Services
- DMPTuuli: Data management plans
- SHERPA/RoMEO : Database containing publishers’ policies on self-archiving
- SHERPA/JULIET: Research funders’ policies on open access
- DOAJ : Scholarly open access journals
- Cofactor Journal Selector: Tool for choosing the publishing channel
- OpenAIRE: Portal of open digital archives
- OpenDOAR: Digital archives around the world
- TSV : List of Finnish scientific open access journals
- SPARC Europe: Network of research organizations promoting open access publishing