Open Access News
- Open Research Textbook is out now!
- Beall's list is abolished. It it not clear what will happen regarding the list in the future.
- Overview of costs incurred by Dutch universities for scientific books and journals
- Looking for preprints? OSF preprints can help.
- Open access papers produce a 50% higher research impact than strictly paywalled papers. See more Archambault et al (2016).
- List of academic journals by preprint policy
- Research funder can also publish. Just like Wellcome Trust does.
- EU annouces: All scientific articles should be freely accessible by 2020.
- Self-archiving? Libre OA? Creative Commons? Confused with the open research terminology? Check the Open Research Glossary
- Kocher, M. & Kelly, J. (2016), Use of the Paid Open Access Option in Hybrid Open Access Journals in Agriculture: A Mixed-Methods Study. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, fall 2016. DOI:10.5062/F47P8WDB.
- Naylon, C., Pattinson, D., Bilder, G. & Lin, J. On the origin of nonequivalent states: how we can talk about preprints (2016) bioRxiv preprint first posted online Dec. 9, 2016; doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/092817
- Laakso, M. & Björk, B.-C., Hybrid open access - A Longitudinal Study (2016). Journal of Infometrics 10(4): 919-932. DOI: 10.1016/j.joi.2016.08.002.
- Éric Archambault, Grégoire Côté, Brooke Struck and Matthieu Voorons (2016). Research impact of paywalled versus open access papers. 1science, oanumbr #1
- Wicherts JM (2016) Peer Review Quality and Transparency of the Peer-Review Process in Open Access and Subscription Journals. PLoS ONE 11(1): e0147913. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0147913
- Ottaviani J (2016). The Post-Embargo Open Access Citation Advantage: It Exists (Probably), Its Modest (Usually), and the Rich Get Richer (of Course). PLoS ONE 11(8): e0159614. doi:10.1371/ journal.pone.0159614
- Pastorino R, Milovanovic S, Stojanovic J, Efremov L, Amore R, Boccia S (2016). Quality Assessment of Studies Published in Open Access and Subscription Journals: Results of a Systematic Evaluation. PLoS ONE 11(5): e0154217. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0154217
- Niyazov Y, Vogel C, Price R, Lund B, Judd D, Akil A, et al. (2016). Open Access Meets Discoverability: Citations to Articles Posted to Academia.edu. PLoS ONE 11(2): e0148257. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0148257
New open articles in JYX
- Viewpoint: On the hysteresis in the human Achilles tendon Feb 21, 2017
- Tiedon portaat Feb 21, 2017
- The development of children's language and ethical media competences and media skills Feb 21, 2017
Open access policies of financers
Many research financers require or recommend open publishing of research results and research data. More information on the guidelines of financers in Finland.
Open Access journals published by Jyväskylä University
Open access publishing at the University of Jyväskylä
The University of Jyväskylä promotes open access to research. Self-archiving (i.e. parallel publishing) of research publications is a regular procedure at the University. Read more.
Tools and Open Access Services
- SHERPA/RoMEO : Database containing publishers’ policies on self-archiving
- SHERPA/JULIET: Research funders’ policies on open access
- DOAJ : Scholarly open access journals
- Cofactor Journal Selector: Tool for choosing the publishing channel
- OpenAIRE: Portal of open digital archives
- OpenDOAR: Digital archives around the world
- TSV : List of Finnish scientific open access journals
- SPARC Europe: Network of research organizations promoting open access publishing